2017 Triumph Street Triple 765 to be launched in India on June 12
Triumph Motorcycles India will launch the new Street Triple 765 on June 12, 2017. The highly awaited motorcycle will replace the popular Triumph Street triple 675, a bike that sold in big numbers.
For 2017, the Street Triple 765 borrows styling cues from the new Speed Triple (not on sale in India yet!) including the new headlamps with LED DRLs and a tidier tail section.
The new Street Triple 765 gets a larger displacement motor which was achieved by increasing the bore and stroke of the existing Street Triple 675's engine. The new motor now displaces 765cc and is available in three states of tune. The base Street Triple 765 S' motor produces 113PS and 73Nm, the Street Triple 765 R's motor produces 118PS and 77Nm, and the top-of-the-line Street Triple 765 RS' engine pumps out 123PS and 77Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox with revised ratios. The new motor also gets 80 new parts which includes new pistons, crank, con-rods and balancer shaft.
The chassis has been strengthened and since the previous chassis was pretty good, Triumph has decided to fine-tune it instead. The Street Triple 765 also gets a new swingarm with a pivot that's 4mm higher than the previous bike's. It allows for confident corner exits and this coupled with the steering, which has been slowed down slightly for a steadier front end, results in a bike that handles as sweetly as before.
Triumph has also kitted the bikes with a host of electronics, which includes ride-by-wire, traction control and five riding modes - Rain, Road, Sport, Track and a customizable Rider mode in the RS model.
Starts Rs 11,13,000
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19