Triumph unveils the 2019 Speed Twin
Triumph Motorcycles has unveiled the latest addition to its range of modern classic range of Bonneville bikes. This motorcycle is called the 2019 Triumph Speed Twin, which resurrects a nameplate first seen in 1937 on the brand's first parallel twin.
The 2019 Speed Twin is powered by the 1200cc parallel twin motor seen on motorcycles like the Thruxton R and T120. This motor is a higher powered version, but has been updated to add a magnesium cam cover, revised clutch and new side cases, making it 2.5 kg lighter than the one on the Thruxton. It puts out 97PS and 112Nm.
The Speed Twin also uses a revised version of the chassis from the Thruxton R. To make this bike dynamically superior to other Bonnevilles, it uses cartridge forks and pre-load adjustable twin shocks. There are also 17-inch, lightweight, cast aluminium wheels. The tyres are Pirelli Rosso Corsa 3 and non-radial, twin Brembo four-piston calipers up front. This has led to significant weight savings, up to 10 kgs. The fuel tank can hold 14.5 litres.
The Speed Twin has a more comfortable seating position and practical approach. The design is also more aggressive.
Triumph India is yet to confirm officially, but OVERDRIVE has learnt that the Speed Twin will be launched in India. The launch date isn't clear yet but we expect it to be launched in the second half of 2019, after the launch of the updated, 2019 Triumph Street Twin and 2019 Triumph Street Scrambler. Stay tuned, as we will bring you more details about the bike post the official reveal on December 4.
Starts Rs 9,46,000
- NewsPerformance of upcoming Hyundai and Kia electric vehicles can be altered with smartphone application
- FeaturesImage gallery: 2019 BMW Z4
- NewsNext generation BMW X5 SUV to launch in India on May 16
- NewsFord Motor Company and Autonomic sign a multi-year deal with Amazon for cloud connectivity services
- NewsCritical 225 km Ladakh road completed - providing all-weather access to military
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip