TVS Apache RR 310 is expected to be positioned at a competitive price point
The upcoming TVS Apache RR 310, or the Akula as it was named in its concept days is all set to be launched on December 6, 2017. We know that it's been a long time coming but from what we've gathered, the TVS Apache RR 310 should be quite an interesting motorcycle.
It is, after all, TVS' first, fully faired motorcycle and also the one with the highest engine displacement. From what we know so far, the TVS Apache RR 310 will use the BMW-developed engine that powers the BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS. The 313cc motor produces 34PS at 9,500rpm and 28Nm at 7,500rpm. The engine is paired to a six-speed gearbox.
The styling has been the talking point and a stream of spy pictures and videos have surfaced on the internet, creating quite a buzz around the motorcycle. From what we can understand after looking at the spy pics, the Apache RR 310 will get dual LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs. The tail lamp is also an LED unit.
As far as pricing is concerned, the Apache RR 310 is expected to slot in between the Rs 1.6 lakh to Rs 2.2 lakh mark. The range, we've guessed is wide and there are a number of bikes that the TVS Apache RR 310 will have in its crosshairs. While the primary target is the KTM RC 390 and KTM RC 200, the Apache RR 310 will also go up against the likes of the KTM 250 Duke, Mahindra Mojo and the Bajaj Dominar 400.
What should be the ideal price band for the TVS Apache RR 310? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Image source: Maxabout.com
Starts Rs 2,23,000
Starts Rs 1,48,043
Starts Rs 2,99,000
Starts Rs 1,77,638
Starts Rs 1,76,640
Starts Rs 2,35,735
Starts Rs 1,48,520
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India