TVS Apache RR 310 spied with rivals KTM RC390, Kawasaki Ninja 300, and Yamaha R3; India launch today
The TVS Apache RR 310 is hot news even before its launch in India later today. For, the TVS Apache RR 310 aka TVS Akula has already been spotted being benchmarked against its faired rivals including the KTM RC390, Kawasaki Ninja 300, and Yamaha R3 at the Madras Motor Race Track (MMRT) near Chennai. The TVS Apache RR 310 was seen fully undisguised for the first time in these images. The TVS Apache RR 310 is easily the most anticipated motorcycle from India in recent times with more spy shots and videos of it than any other recent launch and we have an exhaustive image gallery of the same. The TVS Apache RR 310 is the first motorcycle to come out of the collaboration between TVS Motors and BMW Motorrad. Based on the TVS Akula concept which was first showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo, the TVS flagship shares its mechanicals with the BMW G 310 R naked motorcycle.
While all the motorcycles it was being benchmarked against are priced in the range of Rs 2.5 to Rs 4 lakh, the TVS flagship is pegged to be priced around the Rs 2 lakh mark. What we know so far is that this is a BMW-developed engine and the international test rides for the motorcycles - the G 310 R and the G 310 GS - confirm a smooth, swift but not frantic engine.
The BMW G 310 R is powered by an all-new 313cc motor that makes 34PS at 9,500 rpm and generates 28Nm at 7,500rpm. The motor is paired to a 6-speed transmission. We are not expecting TVS to make dramatic changes to the feel or tune of this engine.
The Apache RR 310 and the two BMW motorcycles are all made at the Hosur plant on a new assembly line created especially for these bikes and set to the BMW quality standard. A day earlier, a teaser video showing us some glimpses of the final production model was published by TVS Racing on its YouTube channel. Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE for all the updates, price and details on the launch of the TVS Apache RR 310.
Starts Rs 3,60,000
Starts Rs 2,05,000
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled