TVS Apache RR310 sees price hike of Rs 8,000 to Rs 18,000
The price of the Apache RR310 launched by TVS in December 2017 has seen a hike of Rs 8,000 to Rs 18,000. The motorcycle had been launched with an introductory price tag of Rs 2.05 lakh (ex-showroom) but now retails for Rs 2.13 (ex-showroom) in states like Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Telangana and Rs 2.23 lakh (ex-showroom) in Assam, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Orissa Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
The TVS Apache RR 310 uses the same 313cc, liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine as the BMW G310R and G310GS that is mounted inclined towards the rear, a first for a motorcycle in India. Its outputs are identical too, at 34PS and 27.5Nm. The engine comes mated to a six-speed gearbox. TVS Motor says the Apache RR 310 has also been wind tunnel tested extensively and boasts class-leading aerodynamics. It also offers high equipment levels in keeping with the premium positioning, such as Michelin tyres and KYB upside down forks and a KYB monoshock. TVS Motor is claiming a 0-60kmph time of 2.93 seconds and a top speed of 160kmph.
The Apache RR 310 is strategic for TVS Motor for multiple reasons ? it is the brand's first ever fully-faired motorcycle as also its first motorcycle co-developed with BMW Motorrad. Positioned as a premium sportsbike, the Apache RR 310 is set to take on the KTM RC 390 as also twin-cylinder engined sportsbikes like the Kawasaki Ninja 300 and the Yamaha YZF-R3.
Starts Rs 2,98,000
Starts Rs 2,35,735
Starts Rs 2,23,000
Starts Rs 3,48,000
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers