TVS Apache RTR 200 4V launched in India at Rs 88,990
TVS has just launched the new RTR 200 in India in two variants starting from Rs 88,990. It gets powered by a single cylinder, four-valve oil-cooled (with RAM air assist), 197.7cc engine. The engine is offered in two versions as a carbureted or a fuel injected unit. The carbureted unit makes 20.5PS of power and 18.1Nm of torque. The fuel injected version produces a slightly higher 21PS.
The carburetor is a vacuum slide type unit while the closed loop fuel injection system is from Bosch. The TVS RTR 200 4V gets a 5-speed gearbox and chain final drive.
The all-new 200cc engine gets a Nanofriks coated piston (a nano particle blend that acts as a lubricant during the initial running of the engine). On top sits an all-new four-valve head operated by a single overhead camshaft. The engine is oil cooled with the heat exchanger mounted high and forward under the tank extensions.
The Apache RTR 200 4V looks sharp with its street fighter styling. The headlamp gets mean looking pilot LEDs above which sits an all-digital instrument cluster. The large looking fuel tank incorporates pseudo air vents.
Below the engine sits a larger belly pan which contrasts well with the blacked out motor. The sleek rear cowl houses an LED tail lamp. It gets split type seats and the rear seat is placed much higher than its rivals such as the Bajaj Pulsar 200NS.
The chassis is all new and the Apache RTR 200 4V is the first TVS motorcycle to feature a monoshock at the rear. At the front, it gets a set of 37mm Kayaba (KYB) right side up forks while the rear monoshock is a preload adjustable unit. It gets alloy wheels with either TVS or Pirelli tyres.
The TVS RTR 200 4V carburetted version costs Rs 88,990 while the fuel injected version is priced at Rs 1.07 lakh. TVS also announced that it will launch an ABS equipped version at a later date which will be priced at Rs 1.15 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom Delhi).
More from OVERDRIVE on the new launches from TVS:
Starts Rs 1,07,885
Starts Rs 1,48,160
Starts Rs 53,295
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show