TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition 2.0 launched with a slipper clutch
TVS Motor has launched the 2018 edition of its Apache RTR 200 4V, called the Race Edition 2.0. The updated version features a slipper clutch dubbed 'Anti-Reverse Torque', and TVS Motor claims the Apache RTR 200 4V is the first motorcycle in its segment to get the technology. The 2018 Apache RTR 200 4V also gets a set of snazzy-looking decals, along with a flyscreen to distinguish it from the older version. The slipper clutch is expected to enable quicker upshifts by up to 22 percent, thereby reducing the time between gear changes and thus enabling quicker lap times on a racetrack according to TVS Motor.
The 2018 TVS 4V features a slipper clutch along with a set of decals and a flyscreen as part of its update this year
As is the case with slipper clutch technology, the updated Apache RTR 200 4V will also offer safer downshifts by preventing the rear wheel from locking up. This should thus help in avoiding the rear from hopping, especially around corners, in the event of aggressive downshifts, thereby improving stability by limiting back torque. TVS Motor also claims the Apache RTR 200 4V will offer easier, lighter gear changes than before, thereby enhancing the riding experience on road as well. There is no change to the powertrain though and for 2018 the Apache RTR 200 4V will continue to be powered by the same 197.75cc, air-cooled single cylinder engine that produces 20.5PS on the carbureted version and 21PS on the fuel injected version along with 18.1Nm of torque.
TVS Motor claims the 2018 Apache RTR 200 4V will offer quicker upshifts and downshifts and also reduce clutch effort to improve the riding experience on road and track
The 2018 Apache RTR 200 4V is on offer with either a carburetor (priced at Rs 95,185 ex-showroom Delhi) or an EFI system (priced at Rs 1,07,885 ex-showroom Delhi) or a carbureted version with ABS (priced at Rs 1,08,985 ex-showroom Delhi). While the updated version is on sale across the country, the EFI and ABS versions specifically are available only at select dealerships.
Starts Rs 1,07,885
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India