TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Race Edition 2.0 launched with a slipper clutch
TVS Motor has launched the 2018 edition of its Apache RTR 200 4V, called the Race Edition 2.0. The updated version features a slipper clutch dubbed 'Anti-Reverse Torque', and TVS Motor claims the Apache RTR 200 4V is the first motorcycle in its segment to get the technology. The 2018 Apache RTR 200 4V also gets a set of snazzy-looking decals, along with a flyscreen to distinguish it from the older version. The slipper clutch is expected to enable quicker upshifts by up to 22 percent, thereby reducing the time between gear changes and thus enabling quicker lap times on a racetrack according to TVS Motor.
The 2018 TVS 4V features a slipper clutch along with a set of decals and a flyscreen as part of its update this year
As is the case with slipper clutch technology, the updated Apache RTR 200 4V will also offer safer downshifts by preventing the rear wheel from locking up. This should thus help in avoiding the rear from hopping, especially around corners, in the event of aggressive downshifts, thereby improving stability by limiting back torque. TVS Motor also claims the Apache RTR 200 4V will offer easier, lighter gear changes than before, thereby enhancing the riding experience on road as well. There is no change to the powertrain though and for 2018 the Apache RTR 200 4V will continue to be powered by the same 197.75cc, air-cooled single cylinder engine that produces 20.5PS on the carbureted version and 21PS on the fuel injected version along with 18.1Nm of torque.
TVS Motor claims the 2018 Apache RTR 200 4V will offer quicker upshifts and downshifts and also reduce clutch effort to improve the riding experience on road and track
The 2018 Apache RTR 200 4V is on offer with either a carburetor (priced at Rs 95,185 ex-showroom Delhi) or an EFI system (priced at Rs 1,07,885 ex-showroom Delhi) or a carbureted version with ABS (priced at Rs 1,08,985 ex-showroom Delhi). While the updated version is on sale across the country, the EFI and ABS versions specifically are available only at select dealerships.
Starts Rs 1,07,885
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
- OpinionFalling standards