TVS Apache RTR 200 to be launched in India on January 20
The all-new TVS Apache RTR 200 has a naked streetfighter look. The headlamp looks like it's borrowed from a bigger motorcycle. The pilot LED lamps look wicked. Switchgear appears to be shared with other TVS motorcycles.
The fuel tank and its extensions look similar to the ones on the Bajaj Pulsar 200NS and could resemble the TVS Draken concept showcased earlier at the 2014 Auto Expo.
The rear body panels are sleek and the tail lamp is an LED unit. An upswept double barrel exhaust can be seen. TVS may have used such a design to tune the exhaust note of the Apache 200. It had paid close attention to that in the Apache RTR 160 and RTR 180.
The instrument cluster is an all-digital unit and backlit in white. The speedo readout takes centre stage with the rpm readout sweeping above it. Apart from the odo and trip reading, it has a clock, gear indicator and service due reminder.
An all-new chassis underpins the new Apache RTR 200. This is also TVS' first motorcycle in the market with a monoshock rear suspension. The test mule was clicked wearing Pirelli rubber on 17-inch alloys and dual channel ABS. A non-ABS standard variant with TVS tyres is also expected to be part of the line up.
TVS has developed an all-new engine which is expected to be a 200cc 25PS/22Nm fuel injected and oil-cooled unit, with the power channelled to the road via a 6-speed gearbox. The earlier TVS Apaches were plagued with vibration issues and we hope TVS has sorted that out with the new engine.
Starts Rs 1,07,885
Starts Rs 84,578
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900