TVS Apache RTR 200 to be launched in India on January 20
The all-new TVS Apache RTR 200 has a naked streetfighter look. The headlamp looks like it's borrowed from a bigger motorcycle. The pilot LED lamps look wicked. Switchgear appears to be shared with other TVS motorcycles.
The fuel tank and its extensions look similar to the ones on the Bajaj Pulsar 200NS and could resemble the TVS Draken concept showcased earlier at the 2014 Auto Expo.
The rear body panels are sleek and the tail lamp is an LED unit. An upswept double barrel exhaust can be seen. TVS may have used such a design to tune the exhaust note of the Apache 200. It had paid close attention to that in the Apache RTR 160 and RTR 180.
The instrument cluster is an all-digital unit and backlit in white. The speedo readout takes centre stage with the rpm readout sweeping above it. Apart from the odo and trip reading, it has a clock, gear indicator and service due reminder.
An all-new chassis underpins the new Apache RTR 200. This is also TVS' first motorcycle in the market with a monoshock rear suspension. The test mule was clicked wearing Pirelli rubber on 17-inch alloys and dual channel ABS. A non-ABS standard variant with TVS tyres is also expected to be part of the line up.
TVS has developed an all-new engine which is expected to be a 200cc 25PS/22Nm fuel injected and oil-cooled unit, with the power channelled to the road via a 6-speed gearbox. The earlier TVS Apaches were plagued with vibration issues and we hope TVS has sorted that out with the new engine.
Starts Rs 1,07,885
Starts Rs 82,183
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India