TVS-BMW's motorcycles to feature 100 per cent BMW engineering
The TVS-BMW collaboration was announced back in 2013. Now, BMW's CEO, Stephan Schaller has said that the first product of this automotive alliance will be a 100 per cent BMW engineered product.
The first motorcycle from the TVS-BMW collaboration was recently spied testing
What this means is that everything from the frame to the engine will be developed solely by the Bavarian manufacturer. TVS' role is to provide an optimised, cost-effective production base. The Indian manufacturer will deploy its vast resources to manufacture parts, here in India. BMW says that it's confident of the 2002 Deming Award winning TVS Motor Company's ability to produce parts of world class quality.
Stephan Schaller has indicated that the first product, codenamed K03, would have a single cylinder, sub-500cc engine. Elaborating on the alliance's plans, Stephan Schaller said that TVS-BMW intends to develop motorcycles based on completely new platforms. TVS will benefit from the technical expertise of BMW Motorrad. On the other hand BMW Motorrad will reap the benefits of utilising TVS' production facility owing to its cost effectiveness. TVS-BMW also aims to sell the products in other markets.
Stefan Schaller further went on to explain that unlike the Bajaj-KTM alliance's financial interdependence, the TVS-BMW alliance is financially exclusive and will only develop products mutually.
TVS will also introduce its own motorcycles albeit with the same engines that have been developed by its partner. This alliance could be a much needed shot in the arm for TVS as it has not introduced a new performance based motorcycle since the Apache RTR 180.
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option
- NewsNext-generation Mercedes-Benz CLS 300d to launch in India during the festive season
- FeaturesImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG C43 sedan and coupe