TVS Himalayan Highs Season 3 ready to roll!
OVERDRIVE rode with the girls of the Himalayan Highs Season 2 and we returned most impressed with the spirit the girls displayed and with how hardy and indefatigable the little TVS Scooty Zest 110 turns out to be. TVS Motor Company has announced that the Himalayan Highs Season 3 is now ready to roll and the 12 participants will be riding the updated TVS Scooty Zest 110 distinguishable by the bright DRL LEDs mounted under the head light at the top of the front apron. Last year 11 lady riders ascended to the top of the Khargund La pass and claimed a place in the India Book of Records.
For the third season of the Himalayan Highs Season 3, TVS has just finished the selection process. Multiple rounds of the process focussed on the health of the riders as well as their endurance, both physically and mentally, says the company. The shortlisted riders were given safety and riding training by experts including TVS Racing's staffers. The TVS Himalayan Highs Season 3 received over 1 lakh entries and TVS says the number of male candidates encouraged them to allow male riders to join the challenging journey.
Aniruddha Haldar, vice president (marketing ) commuter motorcycles, scooters and corporate Brand, TVS Motor Company, said, "TVS Zest 110, Himalayan Highs is fast evolving into a landmark event finding its place into the annual riding calendar of enthusiasts as well as aspirants. We are delighted to include both men and women riders this year. These are extraordinary young people who will discover the complete extent of their power and that of their machines on this journey of a lifetime.
The final list of candidates includes 10 women and 2 men ranging in age from 18 to 33. They come from all corners of the country including the big cities like Delhi and Mumbai as well as far away places like Assam. Entrepreneurs, students as well as professionals, they will ride out in the first week of September from Mandi in Himachal Pradesh for Ladakh.
Starts Rs 40,450
Starts Rs 47,711
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India