TVS launches new colour for Star City + and Sport in India
TVS Motor Company has introduced a new colour for its Star City + and Sport models, in keeping with the upcoming festive season. The Star City + gets a Spotlight White shade while the Sport gets the Black Silver colour. This bumps up the number of available colours on the Star City + to 11 while the Sport will now come with the option of 9 colours.
TVS Star City +
The Spotlight White Star City + is priced at Rs 44,300 (ex-Delhi) for the kick-start , alloy-wheel version while the Black Silver Sport is priced at Rs 36,880 (ex-Delhi) for the kick start, spoke wheel variant. Both bikes are available for no extra cost and across all TVS dealerships in the country.
The Star City + is powered by an air-cooled, 109.47cc engine that develops 8.3PS at 7,000rpm and 8.7Nm at 5,000rpm. Our first ride revealed that the bike makes for an excellent commuter. The Star City + was also part of our long term fleet and we loved its tractable engine and the fuel efficiency.
The TVS Sport gets a 99.7cc motor and promises to deliver 95kmpl. The TVS Sport was revived in September 2015. The company tinkered with the engine and kitted the with additional features such as alloy wheels and an aluminium grab rail. The ignition timings were revised and chrome plated rings along with roller cam followers were used to reduce friction. The TVS Star City + and Sport also come with electric start variants.
Expect other manufacturers to follow suit and launch festive editions of their products. Watch this space for all updates.
Starts Rs 47,174
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6