TVS launches the 2017 Wego in India at Rs 50,434
The TVS Motor Company has launched the new BS-IV compliant Wego at Rs 50,434 (ex-Delhi). In addition, the company has also introduced two new colour options, Metallic Orange and T-Grey with dual tone seats, silver oak panels and a USB charging port too.
Speaking at the launch, Aniruddha Haldar, vice president, Marketing- Scooters, TVS Motor Company said that the Wego highlights the company's focus on quality which is why the scooter won the JD Power Quality survey in 2015 and 2016. He added that the company expects to see the Wego's popularity among young executives to continue with the refreshed Wego.
The Wego was the winner of the OVERDRIVE Scooter of Year Award and has proved itself as a capable and reliable scooter. The BS-IV compliant engine in the refreshed Wego would further improve the refinement and fuel-economy of the 110cc CVTi motor. Other notable features in the refreshed Wego includes a fully digital speedo and Sync Braking System. The system partly applies the front brake every time the rider applies the rear brake to slow down and stop. This system is similar to the combi-breaking system that you see in the Honda Activa.
With BS-IV emission norms about to become mandatory soon, expect TVS to offer BS-IV compliant Jupiter, Scooty Zest, and other models in a few months.
Starts Rs 52,165
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept