TVS Motor and MASESA partner to strengthen market position in Central America
The TVS Motor Company has announced its alliance with MASESA (Mayor Servicios Sociedad Anonima), a Guatemala-based company to strengthen its market position in the Central America.
MASESA is the leader in commercialisation of motorcycles in the region, and the association is aimed at boosting TVS' sales in the Central and Latin American markets. MASESA will develop exclusive TVS Motor Company concessionaires in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica. MASESA currently has 500 dealerships across the region, and TVS motorcycles and scooters will be sold at all of these.
In the first phase of the association, five new showrooms will be set up in this region. The establishments will also stock spares and offer services.
Speaking about the new association, R. Dilip, senior vice president - international business of TVS Motor Company, said that the company is pleased to partner with a well-known company such as MASESA, as it has a lot of experience and immense knowledge of the market needs in the region. Also, the company's established distribution network makes MASESA the best strategic partner. The alliance will also enable the company to personalise value offers and provide the right products to customers.
Samuel Espina, regional manager of public relations at MASESA also stated that the company will represent the TVS Motor Company with great passion and pride and work hard to consolidate this alliance.
TVS will sell a variety of products in the region. The ones from the Indian market includes the Scooty Zest 110 and Wego 110, Star HLX 100/125, Sport 100 ES, Phoenix 125, Stryker 125, Apache RTR 160, 180 and 200. The company will also sell the Max 125 and Neo 110 that are on sale in the Indonesian market. Besides the two-wheelers, TVS will also sell King DLX three-wheeler.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- News2018 Hyundai Elite i20 automatic reaches dealerships, priced at Rs 7.04 lakh
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar leads Elite Club division with podium finish in Italy
- NewsAutomobile events this week: May 21 - 27
- FeaturesAdvertorial: Balajee Bobba - Adventurer with an Eye on Safety #WhatDrivesYou
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift launched in India
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez delivers masterclass at Le Mans
- NewsSpecial feature: 2018 Mercedes-Benz OVERDRIVE Winter Drive
- NewsHyundai Creta facelift launched in India at a starting price of Rs 9.44 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rally Portugal gives Thierry Neuville championship lead
- News2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV launched in India at Rs 2.32 crore