TVS NTorq 125 is the first Indian scooter with smart connectivity
TVS Motor Company recently launched the TVS NTorq 125 scooter in India and also showcased it a day later at the Auto Expo 2018. The TVS Ntorq 125 is the first scooter in the country to feature smart connectivity. This is achieved through the TVS SmartXonnect technology that allows the rider access to different types of information. The user can connect to the scooter via Bluetooth. And using a free to download app, he or she can have access to caller ID on the TVS Ntorq's LCD display, so the rider need not take their phone out to check who's calling. It also displays turn-by-turn navigation, last parking location, top speed and average speed, engine oil temperature and, yes, a lap timer. It competes with the Honda Grazia and Suzuki Access 125.
The TVS NTorq app also features auto reply SMS, speed limit alert, save the last used route, as well trip reports. And there can be multiple profiles for use by different users.
The large, digital instrument console displays a plethora of information. It also features Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to pair your phone to the cluster, which then displays the name of the person who is calling as well as navigation assist, which displays the upcoming turn and distance to it
The Ntorq's, 125cc, 3-valve, air-cooled, single-cylinder engine produces 9.4PS at 7,500rpm and 10.5Nm at 5,500rpm. Power is sent to the rear wheel via a V-Matic transmission. TVS claims the NTorq 125 can sprint from 0-60kmph in 9 seconds and has a top speed of 95kmph. The TVS NTorq 125 is priced at 58,750 (ex-showroom).
Starts Rs 58,750
Starts Rs 57,897
Starts Rs 55,045
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Sourav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty