TVS Racing launches training academy and one-make series for women riders
TVS Racing has tied up with the Rajini Academy of Competitive Racing to launch a training academy for women riders in India. To begin with, 25 women will be selected to take part in a one-day training and selection camp in Bangalore on May 24. This camp includes six theory sessions followed by a practice session. Of these 25, 15 women will be shortlisted based on the time recorded in a three-lap race, to compete in the first edition of the TVS Ladies One-make Series. In addition to competing on race weekends, they will also be part of a year-long training programme which will be headed by Rajini Krishnan and other trainers from his academy. Other instructors who will work with the riders are TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar and Harry Sylvester.
Only women, who are over 13 years old and have been riding a motorcycle for at least two years, are eligible to take part in the training camp. The shortlisted competitors will attend the first training session in June 2017. They will train on race-spec TVS Apache RTR 200s and will race in four races which are spread across the year. To register, head to this link.
Starts Rs 1,07,885
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsHarley-Davidson Fat Boy from Terminator 2 film to be auctioned for $ 200,000
- NewsImage Gallery: New Volvo XC40 SUV India debut
- NewsImage gallery: Pagani Huayra BC 'Macchina Volante' spotted in Geneva
- FeaturesPreview: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
- NewsJaguar J-Pace flagship SUV to make global debut by 2021
- NewsYamaha Niken launched in UK at GBP 13,499
- NewsRemembering the 'Kentucky Kid' Nicky Hayden a year later
- NewsRenault to focus on few core models to build its India business
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018