TVS Racing to debut in 2020 Asia Road Racing Championship
TVS Racing, the factory racing arm of the TVS Motor Company, will take part in the Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC) in 2020. This announcement makes TVS the first Indian manufacturer to take part in the full season of the championship, and also marks the company's debut in the international road racing arena.
Three riders have been announced for the team, including two Indians and one racer from Thailand. Jagan Kumar, eight-time national racing champion, will lead the squad, with young K.Y. Ahamed, who has already made quite a mark in the national racing circuit, also representing the team. The third rider, is Vorapong Malahuan from Thailand, who has competed in the ARRC more than five times.
Speaking of their foray into international road racing, B. Selvaraj, team manager, TVS Racing, said, "It's a proud moment for us at TVS Motor Company to debut at ARRC for the entire season. TVS Racing has been setting benchmarks in the Indian motorsports arena, and now it is time for us to up the ante in the Asian championship, with a focus on road racing."
The first race of the 2020 season of ARRC will take place between March 6 and 8, 2020, at Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia. The riders will participate in the Asia Production 250 (AP-250) category of the championship, astride the race-spec TVS Apache RR 310 - the only Indian-made motorcycle participating in the series.
Starts Rs 2,40,000
- FeaturesTo B or not to B: WRC's greatest Group B machines
- News2020 Tata Tigor EV facelift spotted undisguised
- NewsMaruti Suzuki ties up with Axis Bank, announces flexible EMI schemes
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 leads motorcycle sales in UK in June 2020
- News2020 Audi Q4 Sportback e-tron concept previews new electric coupe-SUV
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block