TVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
TVS Motor Company's racing division, TVS Racing, will debut the race version of its Ntorq 125 scooter-the TVS Ntorq SXR at the fourth round of the Indian National Rally Championship 2018 in Nashik on the 25th and 26th of May. The scooter will be ridden by three-time National Championship winner Asif Ali and Shamim Khan at the event.
Differentiating the Ntorq SXR from the road-going scooter is a race-prepped version of the two-wheeler's 125cc, four-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, SOHC engine. The engine now makes more than 20PS, a substantial upgrade of the road-going scooter's 10PS. This gives the SXR a top speed of more than 120 kmph. Other changes include 12-inch knobby tyres with race-tuned hydraulic suspension, race-spec intake and exhaust systems and an optimized ignition system.
Commenting on the scooter's debut, Mr. B Selvaraj, Team Manager, TVS Racing said that the TVS SXR 160 has always been a formidable machine in the scooter racing arena. With the debut of TVS Ntorq SXR, the team is confident of taking the performance up by several notches. TVS Racing has tested the scooter for performance and reliability and is am confident it will set new benchmarks in the scooter class. He went on to say that the TVS Racing scooter team holds a strong winning record and the TVS NTORQ SXR will build on this success story.
- NewsPetrol and diesel prices to increase by Rs 2 in Maharashtra from tomorrow, June 1
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!