TVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
TVS Motor Company's racing division, TVS Racing, will debut the race version of its Ntorq 125 scooter-the TVS Ntorq SXR at the fourth round of the Indian National Rally Championship 2018 in Nashik on the 25th and 26th of May. The scooter will be ridden by three-time National Championship winner Asif Ali and Shamim Khan at the event.
Differentiating the Ntorq SXR from the road-going scooter is a race-prepped version of the two-wheeler's 125cc, four-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, SOHC engine. The engine now makes more than 20PS, a substantial upgrade of the road-going scooter's 10PS. This gives the SXR a top speed of more than 120 kmph. Other changes include 12-inch knobby tyres with race-tuned hydraulic suspension, race-spec intake and exhaust systems and an optimized ignition system.
Commenting on the scooter's debut, Mr. B Selvaraj, Team Manager, TVS Racing said that the TVS SXR 160 has always been a formidable machine in the scooter racing arena. With the debut of TVS Ntorq SXR, the team is confident of taking the performance up by several notches. TVS Racing has tested the scooter for performance and reliability and is am confident it will set new benchmarks in the scooter class. He went on to say that the TVS Racing scooter team holds a strong winning record and the TVS NTORQ SXR will build on this success story.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa