TVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
TVS Motor Company's racing division, TVS Racing, will debut the race version of its Ntorq 125 scooter-the TVS Ntorq SXR at the fourth round of the Indian National Rally Championship 2018 in Nashik on the 25th and 26th of May. The scooter will be ridden by three-time National Championship winner Asif Ali and Shamim Khan at the event.
Differentiating the Ntorq SXR from the road-going scooter is a race-prepped version of the two-wheeler's 125cc, four-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, SOHC engine. The engine now makes more than 20PS, a substantial upgrade of the road-going scooter's 10PS. This gives the SXR a top speed of more than 120 kmph. Other changes include 12-inch knobby tyres with race-tuned hydraulic suspension, race-spec intake and exhaust systems and an optimized ignition system.
Commenting on the scooter's debut, Mr. B Selvaraj, Team Manager, TVS Racing said that the TVS SXR 160 has always been a formidable machine in the scooter racing arena. With the debut of TVS Ntorq SXR, the team is confident of taking the performance up by several notches. TVS Racing has tested the scooter for performance and reliability and is am confident it will set new benchmarks in the scooter class. He went on to say that the TVS Racing scooter team holds a strong winning record and the TVS NTORQ SXR will build on this success story.
- NewsExclusive Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition launched at Rs 44.9 lakh
- NewsRenault Kwid Neotech edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.30 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz turbo-petrol specs and prices leaked ahead of launch
- NewsFirst-ever Hyundai i20 N Line revealed, with same mechanicals but sportier looks
- Review2020 Skoda Rapid TSI automatic road test review