TVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
TVS Motor Company's racing division, TVS Racing, will debut the race version of its Ntorq 125 scooter-the TVS Ntorq SXR at the fourth round of the Indian National Rally Championship 2018 in Nashik on the 25th and 26th of May. The scooter will be ridden by three-time National Championship winner Asif Ali and Shamim Khan at the event.
Differentiating the Ntorq SXR from the road-going scooter is a race-prepped version of the two-wheeler's 125cc, four-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, SOHC engine. The engine now makes more than 20PS, a substantial upgrade of the road-going scooter's 10PS. This gives the SXR a top speed of more than 120 kmph. Other changes include 12-inch knobby tyres with race-tuned hydraulic suspension, race-spec intake and exhaust systems and an optimized ignition system.
Commenting on the scooter's debut, Mr. B Selvaraj, Team Manager, TVS Racing said that the TVS SXR 160 has always been a formidable machine in the scooter racing arena. With the debut of TVS Ntorq SXR, the team is confident of taking the performance up by several notches. TVS Racing has tested the scooter for performance and reliability and is am confident it will set new benchmarks in the scooter class. He went on to say that the TVS Racing scooter team holds a strong winning record and the TVS NTORQ SXR will build on this success story.
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019