TVS Sport is the most fuel efficient motorcycle in India and Asia Book of Records
TVS Sport has been registered in the India Book of Records and Asia Book of Record as the most fuel-efficient motorcycle on the Golden Quadrilateral. The motorcycle was ridden across four metro cities of India - Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai by Pavitra Patro who completed the journey in 20-days. The highest real-time fuel efficiency returned by the motorcycle on this 6,377 kilometres loop was 76.4 kmpl. The journey was commenced on July 31 and concluded on August 19 where Pavitra rode through the recent monsoons that the country witnessed.
Picture of the TVS Sport for reference
The TVS Sport is 100cc commuter motorcycle with prices starting from Rs 39,900 ex-showroom Delhi. The engine on offer is 99.7cc block that produces 7.5PS and 7.5Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a four-speed gearbox. The motorcycle comes with a choice of eight colours - Black Silver, Indigo Streak, Titanium Grey, Mercury Grey, Blaze Red, Volcano Red, White-Red and Dazzling White.
Commenting on the success, Aniruddha Haldar, Vice President (Marketing) Commuter Motorcycles, Scooters and Corporate Brand, TVS Motor Company, said "TVS Sport entering the record books for the highest recorded on-road mileage, is an outstanding feat. It's a matter of great joy and pride when a brand becomes a record setter, in its core performance dimension."
Starts Rs 48,119
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
- NewsTata Altroz hatchback teased ahead of its December 3 India launch
- NewsHyundai Aura compact sedan spotted on test in India - launch expected early 2020
- NewsBluArmor BLU3 E20 helmet cooling device announced - will be launched in January 2020
- NewsCFMoto's first dealership inaugurated in Mumbai
- News6.5 lakh units of Maruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback sold since its 2015 debut