TVS Star City + spied testing in Chennai
We are just days away from the launch of the new TVS Star City + and OVERDRIVE reader Adhith Srinivas has snapped images of the bike testing. The Star City + was spotted testing near Chennai and was first showcased at the Auto Expo 2014 in February. It is an updated version of the Star City motorcycle and comes with additional features.
It is an updated version of the Star City motorcycle and comes with additional features
The design language seems to have taken after the Phoenix 125. Apart from the design change, the Star City + gets new features in the form of standard alloy wheels, electric start, an all-digital speedometer with economy indicator and service reminder. TVS claims that the seat is also more comfortable now. The engine is a revised 110cc DLI motor which makes 8.1PS of power and 8.1Nm of torque. The gearbox is a 4-speed manual unit. TVS claims lofty 83.9kmpl fuel efficiency from the +. The motorcycle which has been spied though has a different exhaust shield than the one displayed at the expo(was similar to the one in the Phoenix).
The engine is a revised 110cc DLI motor which makes 8.1PS of power and 8.1Nm of torque
TVS though has given the motorcycle only drum brakes (130mm front and 110mm rear). We wish that at the time of launch, the company will provide a front disc as optional. The updated Star City+ will square off against the new Passion XPro, Honda Dream Yuga and Mahindra Centuro.
We will be riding the motorcycle within a week. Keep watching this space
Starts Rs 52,741
Starts Rs 47,130
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?