TVS Star City + spied testing in Chennai
We are just days away from the launch of the new TVS Star City + and OVERDRIVE reader Adhith Srinivas has snapped images of the bike testing. The Star City + was spotted testing near Chennai and was first showcased at the Auto Expo 2014 in February. It is an updated version of the Star City motorcycle and comes with additional features.
It is an updated version of the Star City motorcycle and comes with additional features
The design language seems to have taken after the Phoenix 125. Apart from the design change, the Star City + gets new features in the form of standard alloy wheels, electric start, an all-digital speedometer with economy indicator and service reminder. TVS claims that the seat is also more comfortable now. The engine is a revised 110cc DLI motor which makes 8.1PS of power and 8.1Nm of torque. The gearbox is a 4-speed manual unit. TVS claims lofty 83.9kmpl fuel efficiency from the +. The motorcycle which has been spied though has a different exhaust shield than the one displayed at the expo(was similar to the one in the Phoenix).
The engine is a revised 110cc DLI motor which makes 8.1PS of power and 8.1Nm of torque
TVS though has given the motorcycle only drum brakes (130mm front and 110mm rear). We wish that at the time of launch, the company will provide a front disc as optional. The updated Star City+ will square off against the new Passion XPro, Honda Dream Yuga and Mahindra Centuro.
We will be riding the motorcycle within a week. Keep watching this space
Starts Rs 52,741
Starts Rs 47,130
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh