TVS to launch Wego, Scooty Zest, Victor and Apache in India this year
TVS which showcased many products at the Auto Expo 2014 has already launched the Star City+ in India. Following the new motorcycle will be the updated Wego which will come with dual tone body colours, black alloys, new end can and a digital speedometer and will be in the market soon.
TVS Scooty Zest at Auto Expo 2014
The next product in line after the Wego will be the Scooty Zest which is expected to be powered by the same 110cc engine found in the Star City+ and Jupiter. The 110cc unit in the Zest is expected to make 8PS of power and 8Nm of torque. It will come mated to an automatic transmission. The Scooty Zest will be positioned below the Wego and will take on the Hero Pleasure. The success of the Zest will largely depend on the price which we expect to be very competitive. The Scooty Zest will be launched in India by June-July 2014.
The TVS Victor motorcycle will be re-launched in September this year. The bike at one time was one of the top selling commuters in its segment and was available with 110cc and 125cc engines. We expect the motorcycle to have a new design to fit in with the current market scenario and should also get some new age features. TVS though hasn't confirmed if the Victor brand name will make its presence felt in both the 110 and 125cc segments or just the former. We expect it to be the latter with TVS having as many as four 110cc motorcycles in the fold and only the Phoenix in the 125cc segment.
The new Apache is also on its way and will be launched in the last quarter of this year. The bike is inspired from the Draken concept showcased at the expo and will most likely have a 200cc engine.
With these launches, TVS will be looking to get a larger market share, especially with the usage of the Victor nameplate for the new model the manufacturer is trying to capitalize on the brand name that was once popular with the Indian customer.
Starts Rs 53,295
Starts Rs 52,165
Starts Rs 46,104
Starts Rs 45,991
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show