TVS XL100 Goa Edition moped showcased at the first edition of MotoSoul
MotoSoul 2019, by TVS held in Goa, witnessed the announcement of Sherco TVS's rider lineup for 2020 Dakar Rally and the launch of TVS's own safety gear, apparel and accesories. Ant the event TVS also showcased a jazzed-up version of their workhorse, XL100 along with the suffix 'Goa Edition'.
The XL100 usually associated with the working-class buyers was treated with a shade of Cyan along with graphics on the fuel tank and footboard. Upfront, the moped had a cowl with an extension surrounding the headlamp to aid aerodynamics.
The handlebar, leg guard, seat and the rear carrier were painted in high-visibility green. Other than one less seat, the moped saw no change in its silhouette in regard to the standard XL100.
To add to the premium feel, the XL100 Goa Edition also got an all-digital instrument cluster as opposed to the analogue one seen on the standard XL100. Mechanically the XL100 appears to be the same as the standard model equipped with 99cc air-cooled engine producing 4.35PS at 6,000rpm and 6.5Nm at 3,500rpm.
The engine is mated to a centrifugal clutch with a single-speed gearbox. Although, one noticeable difference is the disc brake assembly that the Goa Edition gets over the standard model, however, we did not see CBS or ABS on the moped.
There is no official word from the manufacturer on the launch of the TVS XL100 Goa Edition, however, if launched, the XL100 Goa Edition could be placed alongside the Honda Navi which retails at Rs 49,222 ex-showroom India.
Starts Rs 45,075
Starts Rs 1,10,388
Starts Rs 1,24,000
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Mercedes-Benz India to set up temporary hospital for COVID-19 patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Jaguar Land Rover deploys 160 vehicles globally
- NewsGuillaume Cartier appointed Chairman at Nissan for Africa, Middle East and India region
- NewsEngines we will miss in the BSVI era
- NewsIndian automotive industry donates more than 1000cr for COVID relief fund
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055