Two-wheeler sales in India for May 2016
Overall, May 2016 has turned out to be a good month for most two-wheeler manufacturers. Some companies like Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India have registered a growth of 18 per cent while others like India Yamaha Motor and Royal Enfield have seen a stellar growth of 36 per cent.
Bajaj Auto Ltd
Bajaj has sold 3,07,344 motorcycles in May 2016 registering a growth of two per cent. During the corresponding period last year it had sold 3,01,862 units.
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt Ltd
In May 2016, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India has sold 4,15,902 two-wheelers which includes 1,47,479 motorcycles and a staggering 2,68,423 scooters. The company has registered a growth of 18 per cent over the corresponding period last year. The company had sold a total of 3,53,381 units in May 2015.
Around two months back, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt Ltd had announced a tie up with CredR to set up 100 bike exchange points across the country.
India Yamaha Motor Pvt Ltd
The company has announced a good 36 per cent jump in sales with 62,748 units sold in May 2016. During the corresponding period last year, India Yamaha Motor had sold 46,084 units. In an official release, Yamaha India has stated that their focus on expanding in Tier II and Tier III cities has been instrumental in boosting sales. The company has recently launched the Saluto RX, its new 110cc commuter.
Royal Enfield has registered a significant growth of 36 per cent with 47,232 units sold in May 2016. During the same month last year, it had sold 34,615 units. Royal Enfield has recently launched the all-new Himalayan motorcycle and we have pit it against the KTM 200 Duke and the Mahindra Mojo.
TVS Motor Company
The company has sold 2,06,886 units in the country in May 2016 registering a growth of 17.9 per cent. During the corresponding period last year, it had sold 1,75,533 units. The company has recently launched the 2016 Victor 110 which has joined our long term fleet.
Starts Rs 1,48,160
Starts Rs 1,48,520
Starts Rs 53,295
Starts Rs 53,898
Starts Rs 51,672
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review