Two-wheeler sales in India for October 2016
Just like four-wheeler manufacturers, the festive season has brought cheer for most two-wheeler manufacturers as well. Royal Enfield has registered a sales growth of 32 per cent while India Yamaha Motor has announced 22 per cent rise in sales. Here's round-up of the sales numbers from individual manufacturers.
The company has announced a 32 per cent growth in sales with 58,379 units sold. In comparison, it had sold 44,138 units in October 2015. It has announced a massive 95 per cent growth in exports with 748 units exported in October 2016. It had exported 384 units in October 2015.
Earlier in July, the Royal Enfield 750cc was caught testing in Spain. It is expected to be showcased at the EICMA 2016.
India Yamaha Motor
The manufacturer has registered a 22 per cent growth in domestic sales (including Nepal) with 86,428 units sold. It had sold 70,812 units in October 2015. Commenting on the sales performance, Roy Kurian, vice president, sales and marketing, India Yamaha Motor said that Fascino, Cygnus Alpha disc brake version and the Cygnus Ray-ZR have received a good response from the market.
Bajaj Auto Ltd
The company has announced a 5 per cent increase in sales with 2,12,997 sold in October 2016. In comparison, it had sold 2,02,042 two-wheelers in October 2015. It exported 94,895 units in October 2016.
In September 2016, the Bajaj VS400 was caught testing in India. It is expected to be priced around Rs 1.8 to Rs 2 lakh.
Starts Rs 66,739
Starts Rs 1,68,273
Starts Rs 50,817
Starts Rs 53,451
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India