Scooters and commuters coming to India in 2018 - Ather S340, Honda MSX125 Grom and others
The 2018-2019 period promises to be manna from heaven for the Indian enthusiast. This time, we focus on the new scooters and motorcycles we can expect in the coming year. The coming year sure promises to be a mix of some anticipated scooters including the new Hero premium scooter, electric ones including the Ather S340 as well as a possible surprise in the form of the Honda MSX125 Grom.
Here are the scooters and commuters up to 150cc you can expect in 2018:
Ather Energy is an Indian start-up and the S340 will be its first two-wheeler, expected to launch sometime in 2018. Touted as a smart electric scooter, the S340 will feature drive modes, a touchscreen dashboard, and onboard navigation. Its lithium-ion battery pack will offer a 60km range, while claimed top speed is 72kmph.
Hero new scooter
Having showcased scooter concepts like the Dare and Zir previously, Hero MotoCorp will launch an all-new 125cc scooter at the 2018 Auto Expo. There is no confirmation of the name or specifications but we expect the new scooter to be on par with the Honda Activa 125 and Suzuki Access 125 in terms of positioning and be priced similarly.
TVS Motor showcased the Graphite concept four years ago and will launch an all-new 125cc scooter at the 2018 Auto Expo to follow up on the success of the Jupiter. The Graphite is expected to sport a youthful design and be on par with the competition in terms of performance and equipment. Expect a price tag of around Rs 60,000.
COMMUTERS UP TO 150cc
Honda MSX125 Grom
The MSX125 Grom is powered by a 125cc engine mated to a four-speed gearbox producing just under 10PS. It features high-end equipment including upside down forks, disc brakes at both ends with ABS and more. The second generation Grom has been spotted testing in India and we expect it to be showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. When launched, it will be priced above the Rs 80,000 mark.
Starts Rs 95,000
Starts Rs 58,081
Starts Rs 55,045
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP