Uber partners with Mahindra to increase the electric vehicle network in the country
Indian automobile manufacturer Mahindra and Mahindra has partnered with fleet operator Uber in India to offer electric vehicles (EVs) on the latter's platform. Uber plans to deploy over 100 vehicles consisting of the the e2o Plus hatch and the e-Verito sedan in Delhi and Hyderabad in the first phase. This will be then followed by its commercial roll out in other cities in India.
Dr Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd and Madhu Kannan, Chief Business Officer, Uber India & Emerging Markets at an event in Mumbai to deploy Mahindra's EVs on the UBER platform.
In addition to supplying electric vehicles, Mahindra will also be offering finance to the Uber operators under Mahindra finance. The company states that the driver partners on the Uber app can avail a package which that will consist of Mahindra electric vehicles at competitive prices, attractive financing and insurance premiums as well as comprehensive maintenance packages from Mahindra and its associates. Additionally, both the companies will work together on setting-up common charging stations located across multiple cities in India.
To further increase the awareness of EVs, Mahindra will be running programmes to educate and give more information related to electric vehicles. The company states that electric vehicles will play a major role in reducing urban pollution plaguing several Indian cities and resulting in health hazards. With the increased penetration of EVs and eventual 100% transition, the country and its citizens stand to benefit tremendously.
Speaking on the collaboration, Dr. Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, "Electric vehicle adoption is clearly gaining momentum in India. As the pioneers of electric vehicles in the country we would like to be at the forefront, leading this change toward smart and sustainable mobility. Our collaboration with Uber is an important next step to help accelerate the large scale adoption of electric vehicles on shared mobility platforms, and meet the nation's vision for EVs".
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775