Ultraviolette Automotive gets additional investment from TVS, to use for product engineering and R&D
Bangalore based EV company, Ultraviolette Automotive has received an additional investment of Rs. 6 crore from TVS Motor Company as part of the Series A funding. The company mentions that the new investment will be utilized for product engineering and research and development of new offerings. The company is currently working on an electric motorcycle that will have a progressive design along with an efficient tech that is claimed to be capable of outperforming traditional internal combustion engine equipped motorcycles in the 200-250cc segment. The additional investment will also be deployed for further expansion of Ultraviolette Automotive's core R&D team and facility, states the EV manufacturer.
Ultraviolette Automotive concept rendering, plans to take on the likes of conventionally powered 200-250cc motorcycles
"This investment is a validation of TVS Motor Company's faith in our product and the progress we have made so far with our motorcycle. We are building a high performance electric motorcycle that brings together the best of technology and design to deliver an unmatched user experience. The motorcycle will be enabled with smart features such as on-board diagnostics, preventive maintenance, over the air upgrades and ride customization. We believe that TVS Motor Company's continued support will go a long way in realizing our goal of delivering a superior electric vehicle in India." commented, Narayan Subramaniam, Founder and CEO, Ultraviolette Automotive Pvt. Ltd.
"We see great long term synergy in our partnership with TVS Motor Company considering the rich heritage and decades of industry experience they bring, and the innovations in design and technology at Ultraviolette Automotive. With this investment, we are looking to ramp up the development of high-end electric powertrains, battery modules and connected technology", said Niraj Rajmohan, Founder and CTO, Ultraviolette Automotive Pvt. Ltd.
"As a responsible manufacturer, we see immense promise in Ultraviolette Automotive's vision of bringing innovative and sustainable electric vehicles in India. Ultraviolette Automotive has made significant progress in their product engineering in a short span of time and we are confident that they will build a product that will pave the way for electric mobility in the country." commented, K. Gopaladesikan, CFO, TVS Motor Company
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19