UM-Lohia Motorcycles to launch its 400cc cruiser in India by June 2015
America-based UM Motorcycles which declared its intent to foray into the Indian market at the Auto Expo 2014 has now announced its future plans. The company which entered into a joint venture with electric bike manufacturer Lohia Automobiles has said that its 400cc cruiser will be here by June 2015. This cruiser is expected to be priced below Rs 2 lakh.
UM plans to appoint 75 dealers across 50 cities by July 2015. The coalition's manufacturing facility is located at Kashipur, Uttarakhand and has an annual production capacity of one lakh motorcycles. With a 50-50 venture, both the companies are looking to invest close to Rs 120 crore. UM is aiming at around 70 per cent localisation to achieve a very aggressive price point. Plans to make India its export hub are also in discussion.
Speaking of the cruiser in question, it is expected to come with ABS and have a dual disc brake set up. We are rather excited about this new entrant in the Indian market.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally