UM-Lohia Motorcycles to launch its 400cc cruiser in India by June 2015
America-based UM Motorcycles which declared its intent to foray into the Indian market at the Auto Expo 2014 has now announced its future plans. The company which entered into a joint venture with electric bike manufacturer Lohia Automobiles has said that its 400cc cruiser will be here by June 2015. This cruiser is expected to be priced below Rs 2 lakh.
UM plans to appoint 75 dealers across 50 cities by July 2015. The coalition's manufacturing facility is located at Kashipur, Uttarakhand and has an annual production capacity of one lakh motorcycles. With a 50-50 venture, both the companies are looking to invest close to Rs 120 crore. UM is aiming at around 70 per cent localisation to achieve a very aggressive price point. Plans to make India its export hub are also in discussion.
Speaking of the cruiser in question, it is expected to come with ABS and have a dual disc brake set up. We are rather excited about this new entrant in the Indian market.
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- News2020 MG ZS facelift revealed internationally
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block