UM-Lohia Motorcycles to launch its 400cc cruiser in India by June 2015
America-based UM Motorcycles which declared its intent to foray into the Indian market at the Auto Expo 2014 has now announced its future plans. The company which entered into a joint venture with electric bike manufacturer Lohia Automobiles has said that its 400cc cruiser will be here by June 2015. This cruiser is expected to be priced below Rs 2 lakh.
UM plans to appoint 75 dealers across 50 cities by July 2015. The coalition's manufacturing facility is located at Kashipur, Uttarakhand and has an annual production capacity of one lakh motorcycles. With a 50-50 venture, both the companies are looking to invest close to Rs 120 crore. UM is aiming at around 70 per cent localisation to achieve a very aggressive price point. Plans to make India its export hub are also in discussion.
Speaking of the cruiser in question, it is expected to come with ABS and have a dual disc brake set up. We are rather excited about this new entrant in the Indian market.
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- NewsMG Gloster SUV teased on Indian website, here's everything you need to know
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block