Union Budget 2016: Improving consumer sentiment and creating demand is a priority, says Audi
The Union Budget is likely to be declared on February 20, 2016. We caught up with Audi India head, Joe King, who said that the German carmaker wants this year to be about reviving "customer sentiment".
"The Government had presented a budget with focus on long-term growth of the country in FY 2015-16 and we expect a similar budget this year which is pro-growth. Improving consumer sentiment and creating demand is a priority for both the industry and the Government, and we expect the forthcoming budget to address this."
"The simplification of tax structure will be a big step forward as currently differential pricing and taxes across states makes it very complicated. Therefore introduction of GST will go a long way in helping in ease of business.
Reduction in excise duty on cars and SUVs will go a long way in boosting sentiments of the entire auto industry that accounts for a significant share of the country's manufacturing gross domestic product (GDP) and is one of the biggest job creators, both directly and indirectly.
Continued focus on improving road infrastructure is also a prime area of interest for entire auto industry.
We are happy to note that the GDP growth in FY17 is likely be between 7 and 8 per cent which is impressive in the current global scenario. We are looking forward to a revival in customer sentiment which would contribute to higher consumption."
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?