Union Budget 2016: Improving consumer sentiment and creating demand is a priority, says Audi
The Union Budget is likely to be declared on February 20, 2016. We caught up with Audi India head, Joe King, who said that the German carmaker wants this year to be about reviving "customer sentiment".
"The Government had presented a budget with focus on long-term growth of the country in FY 2015-16 and we expect a similar budget this year which is pro-growth. Improving consumer sentiment and creating demand is a priority for both the industry and the Government, and we expect the forthcoming budget to address this."
"The simplification of tax structure will be a big step forward as currently differential pricing and taxes across states makes it very complicated. Therefore introduction of GST will go a long way in helping in ease of business.
Reduction in excise duty on cars and SUVs will go a long way in boosting sentiments of the entire auto industry that accounts for a significant share of the country's manufacturing gross domestic product (GDP) and is one of the biggest job creators, both directly and indirectly.
Continued focus on improving road infrastructure is also a prime area of interest for entire auto industry.
We are happy to note that the GDP growth in FY17 is likely be between 7 and 8 per cent which is impressive in the current global scenario. We are looking forward to a revival in customer sentiment which would contribute to higher consumption."
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept