Union Budget 2017: Rs 64,000 crore allocated for national highways in India
Amid great expectations, the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has presented the Union Budget 2017-2018 in the Lok Sabha. Automobile manufacturers in India had already expressed their expectations from the Union Budget. While more details of that are still not out, Jaitley announced that 140,000km of highways have been built in 2014-15, exceeding that done in the previous three years.
Jaitley further added that 133km roads per day were constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) which is double to that done on 2011-14 at 73km per day. The finance minister also raised the allocation from Rs 57,676 crore to Rs 64,000 crore in FY18 to accelerate the development of the national highways. All of these are expected to boost the automobile sector in India.
- Review2020 Bentley Flying Spur W12 First Drive Review
- NewsBajaj Chetak is back, but this time in an all-electric form
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV launched in India at Rs 1.5 crore
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV India launch - Live updates: price, specs, features, details
- NewsLive Updates: Bajaj Urbanite electric scooter India launch