Union Budget 2017: Rs 64,000 crore allocated for national highways in India
Amid great expectations, the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has presented the Union Budget 2017-2018 in the Lok Sabha. Automobile manufacturers in India had already expressed their expectations from the Union Budget. While more details of that are still not out, Jaitley announced that 140,000km of highways have been built in 2014-15, exceeding that done in the previous three years.
Jaitley further added that 133km roads per day were constructed under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) which is double to that done on 2011-14 at 73km per day. The finance minister also raised the allocation from Rs 57,676 crore to Rs 64,000 crore in FY18 to accelerate the development of the national highways. All of these are expected to boost the automobile sector in India.
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip