Union Budget 2018: The decision to impose a higher import duty on auto parts, accessories and CKD components is a good step- Steelbird
The Union Budget, presented yesterday by Arun Jaitley, the Finance Minister didn't seem to touch the automotive sector directly at all. But we you shall see soon, it did. The auto sector happens to be too large to be unaffected by changes elsewhere. To wit, the drop is corporate tax should make medium and small industries more profitable. Here is a reaction from Steelbird International.
Manav Kapur, Executive Director, Steelbird International
"The decision to impose a higher import duty on auto parts, accessories and CKD components is a good step. This initiative reaffirms that the government is in sync with Make in India mission."
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, while presenting the budget, said that the move to increase import duty was done to boost the Government's make in India initiative.
Team OD | 11 Jan 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Omni to be phased out by mid-2019
- News2019 Mahindra XUV300 SUV to launch in India on February 14
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 GSA ADV to be launched in India on January 18
- NewsMahindra Electric launches NEMO Life mobile app for EVs
- NewsBMW 7 Series facelift debuts in China, gets a 40 per cent larger grille!
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani