Union Budget 2018: The decision to impose a higher import duty on auto parts, accessories and CKD components is a good step- Steelbird
The Union Budget, presented yesterday by Arun Jaitley, the Finance Minister didn't seem to touch the automotive sector directly at all. But we you shall see soon, it did. The auto sector happens to be too large to be unaffected by changes elsewhere. To wit, the drop is corporate tax should make medium and small industries more profitable. Here is a reaction from Steelbird International.
Manav Kapur, Executive Director, Steelbird International
"The decision to impose a higher import duty on auto parts, accessories and CKD components is a good step. This initiative reaffirms that the government is in sync with Make in India mission."
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, while presenting the budget, said that the move to increase import duty was done to boost the Government's make in India initiative.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show