Union Budget 2018: The focus on infrastructure developmen will play a key role in the growth in lubricants industry- Gulf Oil
The Union Budget, presented yesterday by Arun Jaitley, the Finance Minister didn't seem to touch the automotive sector directly at all. But we you shall see soon, it did. The auto sector happens to be too large to be unaffected by changes elsewhere.
Ravi Chawla, managing director, Gulf Oil Lubricants India Limited
"The Union Budget FY2018-19 lays out a robust framework to ensure India's long-term economic growth. While, the Government's decision to focus on the rural economy facilitates a broad-based economic growth, it would also be beneficial to spur a promising growth among diverse sectors, especially auto, auto ancillaries and FMCG.
The focus on infrastructure development with enhanced allocation of almost Rs 6 lakh crore in FY19 will play a key role in propelling the growth in lubricants industry witnessing positive development in heavy vehicles and construction equipment segments.
The Finance Minister stated that the Government's focus is shifting from 'Ease of Doing Business' to 'Ease of Living'. We believe that the identification of 99 smart cities with an allocation of Rs. 2.4 lakh crore, is a step towards this direction. Such measures would undoubtedly supplement the infrastructure development programmes."
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark