Unveiled: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross crossover in India
Maruti Suzuki have unveiled the much-awaited S-Cross crossover in India. The car was showcased in concept form at the 2014 Auto Expo and was recently on display at a Bollywood awards function in Malaysia. In fact, today Europe even got an automatic variant for the diesel-powered S-Cross.
In India, however, the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross comes in only with diesel engines. This isn't shocking considering the Indian market has an affinity for Maruti Suzuki diesel engines. The diesel motors in question are the Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre and 1.6-litre Multijets. The 1.3l diesel motor comes with a variable geometry turbo and produces 90PS of power and 200Nm of torque. Maruti have mated this engine to a 5-speed manual transmission. The other engine, the 1.6, is an all-new motor for the Indian market. It makes 120PS/320Nm and comes paired with a 6-speed gearbox. There is no AWD available and both the cars come in FWD configuration. Maruti claims that the 1.3l mill will do the 0-100kmph run in 13.2s and will deliver a fuel efficiency of 23.65kmpl. On the other hand, the 1.6l diesel will hit the ton in 11.3s and deliver a claimed fuel economy figure of 22.7kmpl.
Maruti have given the S-Cross a huge list of features. The top end trims get keyless entry, auto HID lamps, rain sensing wipers, reverse camera with parking sensors, navigation system, Bluetooth calling, steering mounted controls and much more. The car looks exactly like the international version with LED DRLs, leather upholstery, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system and alloy wheels.
Maruti will be marketing the S-Cross through a range of premium showrooms called Nexa. The showrooms are expected to be in operation starting next week. The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross will be launched in August this year.
More from OVERDRIVE on the S-Cross:
Starts Rs 8.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?