Upcoming 2019 Mahindra XUV300 compact SUV variants revealed
Bookings for the upcoming Mahindra XUV300 sub-four-metre recently opened, ahead of its launch on February 15, and now we have some details of the trim levels in which the SUV will be available.
The XUV300 will be available in four variants and these follow the same nomenclature as that of its larger cousin, the XUV500. These variants are the W4, W6, W8 and W8 (O). Some details are available on the equipment offered on each trim and we gather that a reasonably good level of standard equipment will be offered. Dual airbags, disc brakes on all four wheels will be standard along with ABS. Buyers will be able to choose from six colour options.
Other features that should ideally be available from the base variant onwards are power windows, a stereo system with bluetooth/aux connectivity, central locking, halogen headlamps, etc. The top trims will come with a touchscreen infotainment unit with Android Auto/Apple Carplay, keyless entry and go, powered mirrors, better interior trim, LED DRLs and projector lamps with fog lamps, seven airbags, front parking sensors, seven airbags and also fully automatic dual-zone climate control.
The XUV300 shares its underpinnings with the SsangYong Tivoli. The Mahindra XUV300 will be available in both petrol and Diesel engine options. Also, in the first phase, the XUV300 will be offered with a six-speed manual transmission and a front-wheel drive train. An automatic might follow later. Our guess is that the diesel motor will be the 121PS and 300Nm unit from the Marazzo.
The XUV300 will be the brand's first committed crack at the small SUV segment. Its earlier offerings like the Quanto and TUV300, while popular to an extent, have not challenged established rivals like the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Tata Nexon. We expect prices to range from Rs 8 to 11 lakhs.
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip