Upcoming 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 1.5 diesel engine specifications leaked
A report on the internet has published more details of the new 1.5 litre diesel engine that Maruti Suzuki is set to introduce soon. This motor will be available on the Ciaz and Ertiga and on the S-Cross too.
The 1,498cc engine has been developed in-house and makes 95.17PS at 4,000rpm and 225Nm at 1,500-2,500rpm. This motor will be paired with a new six-speed manual transmission. This motor will eventually replace the earlier 1.3 litre Fiat-sourced motor to keep in line with the new BSVI norms coming in April 2020. The new motor is BSIV-compliant as of now. A BSVI version will be launched close to the deadline. Maruti Suzuki is possibly doing this to deter the steep price hike that will come with the BSVI-compliant engine.
The document suggests that the new engine will be offered only on the top-spec Delta, Zeta and Alpha trims. The engine is being called the DDiS 225. It will come with no mild-hybrid assistance but will see a fuel economy improvement to 26.82kmpl.
This is an important development for Maruti Suzuki. The company had been heavily dependent on the Fiat 1.3 litre diesel so far, but there has been some shuffling in the auto industry in India, over the introduction of the BSVI norms. The new motor will form the basis on which Maruti Suzuki carries on its momentum going into 2020.
Also see: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 1.5 Diesel Road Test Video
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block