Upcoming 2019 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz 1.5 diesel engine specifications leaked
A report on the internet has published more details of the new 1.5 litre diesel engine that Maruti Suzuki is set to introduce soon. This motor will be available on the Ciaz and Ertiga and on the S-Cross too.
The 1,498cc engine has been developed in-house and makes 95.17PS at 4,000rpm and 225Nm at 1,500-2,500rpm. This motor will be paired with a new six-speed manual transmission. This motor will eventually replace the earlier 1.3 litre Fiat-sourced motor to keep in line with the new BSVI norms coming in April 2020. The new motor is BSIV-compliant as of now. A BSVI version will be launched close to the deadline. Maruti Suzuki is possibly doing this to deter the steep price hike that will come with the BSVI-compliant engine.
The document suggests that the new engine will be offered only on the top-spec Delta, Zeta and Alpha trims. The engine is being called the DDiS 225. It will come with no mild-hybrid assistance but will see a fuel economy improvement to 26.82kmpl.
This is an important development for Maruti Suzuki. The company had been heavily dependent on the Fiat 1.3 litre diesel so far, but there has been some shuffling in the auto industry in India, over the introduction of the BSVI norms. The new motor will form the basis on which Maruti Suzuki carries on its momentum going into 2020.
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- FeaturesFIVA General Council Meeting in India
- FeaturesFIVA President in Conversation with Bob Rupani
- NewsMaruti Suzuki to discontinue diesel models from 2020 - will offer an EV for Rs 9 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback diesel and RS variants see price hike
- NewsHarley Davidson reported a drop of 26.8 per cent in its Q1 earnings of 2019
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip