Upcoming 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class interior revealed in new spy images
The overall design of the cabin is in line with those found in Mercedes-Benz's latest offerings like the new CLS-Class, but with certain cues to accentuate this SUV's more outdoorsy positioning. This is seen in the squared off air vents, grab-handles on the centre console and the high dash which rises up behind the large integrated MBUX screen for both the instrument cluster and infotainment. Other than this, the usual qualities of Mercedes-Benz interiors like good fit-finish and design are present.
The exterior of the new car also seems to follow the design language seen on its latest offerings like the new A-Class and the new CLS-Class. This means that the design incorporates organic curves, rounded edges and a squat look. The front gets the new-shape angular headlamps and a prominent grille. The front bumpers also seem to have taken on a more aggressive look. The SUV gets a large glass area while the rear of the car is relatively simple but more cohesive now, with wide, angular tail lamps extending into the tailgate. The design of the C-pillar seen on previous generation cars is also carried over with a slight tweak to bring it up-to-date with the upcoming SUV's new design language.
Engine options should be shared with the current E-Class. This means a 2.0-litre four-cylinder and a 3.0-litre six-cylinder in petrol and diesel options as well as the 4.0-litre V8 in the AMG version. A 48-volt electrical system and the nine-speed auto seen on the latest CLS-Class should be offered.
The GLE-Class in its present form has been around since 2012, first launching as the ML-Class. The SUV has been updated regularly but expectedly falls short of newer rivals like the BMW X5, Audi Q7 and Range Rover Sport. This new change should bring in Mercedes' latest tech and improved driver engagement to what should be a popular offering for the brand.
Image Source: CarNewsChina
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show