Upcoming 2019 Tata Altroz premium hatchback spotted testing in near-production form
A near-production prototype of the Tata Altroz has been spotted testing, even as it debuts in production form at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The premium hatchback was previously shown as the Tata 45X concept at the 2018 Auto Expo.
This vehicle shows that the Altroz will be one of the more aggressively styled cars in this segment. The front grille has a slight inward stance to it with wide, swept back lamps. There seems to be an indented tailgate with weeping LED taillamps, reminiscent of the Harrier. In the side profile, the windowline seems to be progressively rising, another unique touch.
The Tata Altroz is based on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP), now named Alpha and features the brand's Impact 2.0 design philosophy. The 45X-based premium hatchback will compete with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Honda Jazz, and the Hyundai i20.
It is likely that the Altroz will carry the same powertrain options as the Tata Nexon. That means the petrol variant will come powered with a 1.2-litre turbocharged unit producing 110PS and 170Nm. The diesel will be a 1.5-litre motor with an output of 110PS and 260Nm. This should put it right up there as the most powerful hatchback in its segment.
We expect the cabin to feature premium materials and trims, considering that the Altroz will take on the likes of the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, both of which come well-equipped. We also expect Tata Motors to offer the latest connectivity options including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The other aspect that we assume will already be there is a spacious cabin, an aspect in which Tata cars never disappoint.
Image source: Cartoq
Starts Rs 5.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055