Upcoming 2019 Tata Harrier SUV may be unveiled in December
Reports on the internet suggest that Tata Motors will unveil its much anticipated flagship SUV, the Tata Harrier sometime in December. Bookings have already begun for a deposit of Rs 30,000 and the SUV will launch in January 2019.
The exterior design of the production car will follow Tata's Impact Design 2.0 showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. So, a slimmer front grille and lights, aggressively contoured side profiles, steeply raked roofline and large wheel sizes can be expected. As for the interior, it will have to be the best ever fitted to a Tata car and build on the kind of progress that the firm has been making in this aspect.
Tata Motors recently also revealed a new engine family that will power the upcoming Tata Harrier SUV. The company has already revealed that details of the Land Rover-derived Omega is the architecture of the new SUV, and this reveal now paints a clearer picture of what this new flagship will be like.
The new engine is called the 2.0-litre Kryotec and is derived from FCA's Multijet II motor seen on the Jeep Compass. This four-cylinder, turbocharged motor is expected to produce around 140PS in the 5-seater variant that is set to debut first, the 7-seater Harrier will likely make 170PS. The new motor will have an electronically controlled variable geometry turbocharger (eVGT) for better responses. The engine has also been adapted to run on varying drive modes via the terrain response system that the Harrier will come equipped with. The engine will be mated to a six-speed manual and a six-speed automatic. The 5-seater should come in the Rs 9 to 12 lakh price bracket.
The production Harrier (previously the H5X concept) will be based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level D8 SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) will involve the use of cheaper materials and components to keep costs down.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 44.68 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh