Upcoming 2019 Yamaha MT-15 specifications leaked
The much anticipated 2019 Yamaha MT-15's Type Approval document from the Government of Delhi's Transport Authority has been leaked offering quite a few insights on the new street motorcycle.
The document reveals that the MT-15 will be powered by the same 155cc motor as on the Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0. This motor makes 19.3PS and 15Nm but we expect different mapping to suit this motorcycle's more relaxed demeanour. This will also get the adjustable fluid pressure dual-channel ABS system.
The MT-15 dimensions too are now known. The bike has a wheelbase of 1,335mm, length of 2,020mm, width of 800mm and a height of 1,070mm. The MT-15 for India has been specifically developed for our market in a cost sensitive manner and the dimensions of this bike differ from the Thai-spec model. The India bike will have a gross vehicle weight of 288kg.
Other differences from the R15 are a new telescopic suspension setup and a box-type swingarm. The alloy wheels are the same as on the R15.
The MT-15 will have a more upright stance than the R15. The headlamp cluster will have a three-part layout and there also seems to be a sculpted tank, mounted higher up. There will be an all-digital instrument cluster too.
The MT-15 should be priced around the Rs 1.30 lakh mark, similar to the YZF-R15.
Also see: Yamaha MT-15 First Ride Video
Starts Rs 1,36,000
Starts Rs 20,39,233
Starts Rs 1,45,300
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block