Upcoming 2019 Yamaha MT-15 specifications leaked
The much anticipated 2019 Yamaha MT-15's Type Approval document from the Government of Delhi's Transport Authority has been leaked offering quite a few insights on the new street motorcycle.
The document reveals that the MT-15 will be powered by the same 155cc motor as on the Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0. This motor makes 19.3PS and 15Nm but we expect different mapping to suit this motorcycle's more relaxed demeanour. This will also get the adjustable fluid pressure dual-channel ABS system.
The MT-15 dimensions too are now known. The bike has a wheelbase of 1,335mm, length of 2,020mm, width of 800mm and a height of 1,070mm. The MT-15 for India has been specifically developed for our market in a cost sensitive manner and the dimensions of this bike differ from the Thai-spec model. The India bike will have a gross vehicle weight of 288kg.
Other differences from the R15 are a new telescopic suspension setup and a box-type swingarm. The alloy wheels are the same as on the R15.
The MT-15 will have a more upright stance than the R15. The headlamp cluster will have a three-part layout and there also seems to be a sculpted tank, mounted higher up. There will be an all-digital instrument cluster too.
The MT-15 should be priced around the Rs 1.30 lakh mark, similar to the YZF-R15.
Starts Rs 19,85,424
Starts Rs 1,27,000
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- News2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launched in India at Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh respectively
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani