Upcoming Audi Q8 flagship SUV teaser sketch shown
Audi has released a new teaser sketch of its upcoming flagship SUV, the Audi Q8. The sketch shows the new SUV from its rear three-quarter angle. The design (also seen in these spy images) is sportier than the more upright Q7 which a lower coupe-ish roofline. Strang haunches and a rear taillamp unit that runs the entire length of the car further accentuate this SUV's sporting ambitions.
Powertrain options will also mimic those found on its other siblings, this means a range of V6 petrol and diesel motors. The range-topping engine will be the 4.0-litre V8 also seen on the Urus but will likely put out more than 600PS in this car. A plug-in hybrid option will likely be made available as well. This combines a 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 and an electric motor fed by a 17.9 kWh lithium-ion battery to produce around 438PS and 700Nm of torque. About 60 km of all-electric range should be made available.
The Q8 will be based on the MLB Evo platform which forms the basic structure for Volkswagen's high-end SUVs like the Audi Q7, new VW Touareg, Porsche Cayenne Lamborghini Urus and Bentley Bentayga. The Q8 was shown in concept form at the 2017 Detroit auto show which previewed an interior layout similar to the A8's new twin-screen setup. The basic dash design should be modelled along the A8's as well with similar features and trim options. The Q8 is expected to launch in early 2019 internationally and in India later in the year.
The SUV will be Audi's response to its main rivals offering increasingly high-end SUVs. Buyers, especially in China and USA, have shown a great appetite for ultra-luxurious SUVs and this seems like a logical addition to the portfolio of an upmarket brand like Audi. The Audi Q8 will compete with the likes of the Range Rover, the Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class and the upcoming BMW X7.
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.78 Crore
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 82.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India
- News2018 Hyundai Santro gets over 14,000 bookings in less than two weeks
- NewsFB Mondial HPS300 launched at Rs Rs 3.37 lakh in India, image gallery
- NewsMercedes-Benz GLC L SUV unveiled, will be sold only in the Chinese market
- NewsNew Tesla Model 3 mid-range variant launched at $45,000
- News2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launched in India at Rs 54,650
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter launch