Upcoming BMW 5 Series facelift spotted testing
Spy images have emerged of the upcoming facelifted version of the BMW 5 Series sedan. The car was seen in Europe, where it is expected to launch later this year. A launch in India should follow after that.
The pictures suggest that the 5 Series facelift will receive some minor cosmetic updates to its front fascia. These include a new design for the LED headlamps with integrated fog lamps, slightly reworked bumpers with larger air dams, and a larger single-piece grille like we saw in the facelifted X1. The LED tail lamps now seem fashioned after that of the new 3 Series.
The interiors are also set to get some minor revisions - we expect the latest iDrive infotainment system, paired with the new digital instrumentation. This should be complemented by refreshed materials and trim. Equipment levels should also become more extensive, with much of safety tech of the newer cars like the 360-degree cameras, reverse assistant, lane-keeping assistance also making its way to this car.
Engine options should carry on as they are for when the 5 Series facelift launches in India. Currently, the car can be had with a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder diesel with 190PS/400 Nm, an in-line 6-cylinder 3.0-litre diesel with 265PS and 620 Nm, and a 2.0-litre petrol with 252PS and 350 Nm.
Prices of the current-gen start at Rs 55 lakh in India, ex-showroom, expect this to increase by about Rs 1 - 1.5 lakh when the new car comes here.
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 55.4 Lakhs
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block