Upcoming Datsun Redi-go hatchback spied testing
The upcoming facelift of the Datsun Redi-go hatchback has been spotted testing ahead of its debut in the coming months. The new Redi-go, aside from becoming BSVI-compliant will also likely get some significant cosmetic changes.
The camouflaged prototypes show that the new Redi-go may get a reshaped bonnet, a sleeker bumper design and possibly even a new grille and headlamp units. These changes seem to be in line with the new crash test and pedestrian safety norms set to come in to force in India later this year. The rear of the car seems to have seen minimal changes, with only a new bumper and new wheel-hub designs being visible. We also expect the Redi-go to come with a strengthened body-shell to meet the newer norms, as seen with the Datsun Go and Go+. No images are available of the interiors but we expect there to be a new infotainment system and more features.
The Redi-go is expected to also get the same BSVI-compliant engines as the facelifted Kwid. The 1.0-litre motor in the Kwid facelift makes 68PS and 91 Nm, so we expect similar outputs here. The 0.8-litre motor will continue as well with 54PS and 74 Nm. Both engines will come a five-speed manual and an AMT.
Prices of the Redi-go are currently starting at Rs 2.8 lakh, and go up to Rs 4.37 lakh for the top version. We expect these prices to increase between Rs 25,000 to Rs 35,000.
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
- NewsSpec Comparo: Skoda Karoq vs Jeep Compass vs Volkswagen T-Roc
- FeaturesSir Stirling Moss tribute: The last of the Titans
- News2020 BMW 5 Series facelift revealed
- NewsOla Electric acquires EV maker Etergo, likely to bring AppScooter to India in 2021
- NewsTriumph Tiger 900 online bookings commence in India, launch in June 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!