Upcoming Datsun Redi-go hatchback spied testing
The upcoming facelift of the Datsun Redi-go hatchback has been spotted testing ahead of its debut in the coming months. The new Redi-go, aside from becoming BSVI-compliant will also likely get some significant cosmetic changes.
The camouflaged prototypes show that the new Redi-go may get a reshaped bonnet, a sleeker bumper design and possibly even a new grille and headlamp units. These changes seem to be in line with the new crash test and pedestrian safety norms set to come in to force in India later this year. The rear of the car seems to have seen minimal changes, with only a new bumper and new wheel-hub designs being visible. We also expect the Redi-go to come with a strengthened body-shell to meet the newer norms, as seen with the Datsun Go and Go+. No images are available of the interiors but we expect there to be a new infotainment system and more features.
The Redi-go is expected to also get the same BSVI-compliant engines as the facelifted Kwid. The 1.0-litre motor in the Kwid facelift makes 68PS and 91 Nm, so we expect similar outputs here. The 0.8-litre motor will continue as well with 54PS and 74 Nm. Both engines will come a five-speed manual and an AMT.
Prices of the Redi-go are currently starting at Rs 2.8 lakh, and go up to Rs 4.37 lakh for the top version. We expect these prices to increase between Rs 25,000 to Rs 35,000.
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.83 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block