Upcoming Haval B06 SUV unveiled
Chinese carmaker, Great Wall Motors has revealed a new SUV for its Haval sub-brand. The SUV goes by the B06 codename, and the frim seems to be running a contest in its home-market to pick a name for this new offering.
The Haval B06 carries a boxy, retro-inspired look. This comes through with the simple facia with the rounded LED headlamps and the large upright grille. In profile, the large simple glass-house, straight bodylines, rounded edges and squared-off wheel arches carry this theme forward.
At the rear, a significant amount of inspiration seems to have been taken from cars like the Cullinan and Bentayga. There are the similar small taillamps, L-shaped here, and an outward notch to the tailgate. There are also cues of the Concept H SUV from the Auto Expo 2020 seen here. The Haval B06 has been designed under Phil Simmons, who has previously worked with Land Rover.
There are no technical details available yet on the new Haval SUV. The B06 is based on a new architecture not shared with other models in the line-up. It is expected to sport the same 1.5-litre unit with 169PS/285 Nm and the 2.0-litre unit with 224PS and 385 Nm. Both should come paired with a seven-speed DCT.
The Haval brand is set to be the mainstay of the Indian market once GWM begins full-fledged operations here by next year. The company made its India entrance at the 2020 Auto Expo, where it showcased its full line-up of SUVs and EVs, along with tow concepts. The electric brand will go by GWM.
- NewsNew-gen BMW S 1000 R in works, could get major updates
- NewsToyota halts production at Bidadi plant till July 22, 2020, adheres to Karnataka Govt. guidelines
- NewsMahindra Mojo BS6 launch by end of July, will rival Bajaj Dominar 250, Suzuki Gixxer 250 and Jawa 42
- News2020 Honda City: Variants and prices explained
- News2020 Honda City launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.90 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block