Upcoming Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted undisguised
The upcoming Hyundai Elantra facelift has been regularly spotted testing under camouflage in its home market of South Korea. But new images show many examples of the car completely undisguised at what appears at stockyard of some kind.
The images show the front and rear of the car to have been redesigned completely. The front with the larger, more intricate hexagonal grille and sharp trapezoidal headlamps now follows a design theme seen on Hyundai's newest international offerings like the latest Sonata and Kona crossover. This sharper design theme also carries over to the bumper and fog lamps.
In profile, there don't seem to major changes other than a new alloy wheel design. The rear again has had a lot of work done to it in the same angular theme. There is a new boot lid, new taillamps and a bumper that now incorporates the number plate housing. The tail lamps look especially detailed.
The interior should also receive updates like a reworked infotainment system, new materials and minor design changes. Additional features like a wireless charging pad and updates to the infotainment system and the MID can also be expected.
While the international market car is expected to come with a new Smart Stream engine option, it is unknown if this will be available on the Indian cars. Present engine options are a 1.6-litre diesel with 126PS and 260Nm and a 2.0-litre petrol with 152PS and 192Nm. These are paired with six-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Hyundai Elantra competes with cars like the Toyota Corolla Altis, Skoda Octavia and the upcoming Honda Civic. The new car will likely build on the qualities of good features and engine refinement of the earlier car but it would do good to improve on the ride and handling package of the last car.
Image Source: Gepann
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.27 Lakhs
- NewsNational Racing Championship 2018 : Arjun Narendran dominates the ITC class in Round 3
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300