Upcoming Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted undisguised
The upcoming Hyundai Elantra facelift has been regularly spotted testing under camouflage in its home market of South Korea. But new images show many examples of the car completely undisguised at what appears at stockyard of some kind.
The images show the front and rear of the car to have been redesigned completely. The front with the larger, more intricate hexagonal grille and sharp trapezoidal headlamps now follows a design theme seen on Hyundai's newest international offerings like the latest Sonata and Kona crossover. This sharper design theme also carries over to the bumper and fog lamps.
In profile, there don't seem to major changes other than a new alloy wheel design. The rear again has had a lot of work done to it in the same angular theme. There is a new boot lid, new taillamps and a bumper that now incorporates the number plate housing. The tail lamps look especially detailed.
The interior should also receive updates like a reworked infotainment system, new materials and minor design changes. Additional features like a wireless charging pad and updates to the infotainment system and the MID can also be expected.
While the international market car is expected to come with a new Smart Stream engine option, it is unknown if this will be available on the Indian cars. Present engine options are a 1.6-litre diesel with 126PS and 260Nm and a 2.0-litre petrol with 152PS and 192Nm. These are paired with six-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Hyundai Elantra competes with cars like the Toyota Corolla Altis, Skoda Octavia and the upcoming Honda Civic. The new car will likely build on the qualities of good features and engine refinement of the earlier car but it would do good to improve on the ride and handling package of the last car.
Image Source: Gepann
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.27 Lakhs
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test