Upcoming Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted undisguised
The upcoming Hyundai Elantra facelift has been regularly spotted testing under camouflage in its home market of South Korea. But new images show many examples of the car completely undisguised at what appears at stockyard of some kind.
The images show the front and rear of the car to have been redesigned completely. The front with the larger, more intricate hexagonal grille and sharp trapezoidal headlamps now follows a design theme seen on Hyundai's newest international offerings like the latest Sonata and Kona crossover. This sharper design theme also carries over to the bumper and fog lamps.
In profile, there don't seem to major changes other than a new alloy wheel design. The rear again has had a lot of work done to it in the same angular theme. There is a new boot lid, new taillamps and a bumper that now incorporates the number plate housing. The tail lamps look especially detailed.
The interior should also receive updates like a reworked infotainment system, new materials and minor design changes. Additional features like a wireless charging pad and updates to the infotainment system and the MID can also be expected.
While the international market car is expected to come with a new Smart Stream engine option, it is unknown if this will be available on the Indian cars. Present engine options are a 1.6-litre diesel with 126PS and 260Nm and a 2.0-litre petrol with 152PS and 192Nm. These are paired with six-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
The Hyundai Elantra competes with cars like the Toyota Corolla Altis, Skoda Octavia and the upcoming Honda Civic. The new car will likely build on the qualities of good features and engine refinement of the earlier car but it would do good to improve on the ride and handling package of the last car.
Image Source: Gepann
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.27 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show