Upcoming Hyundai Grand i10 Nios engine options revealed
The upcoming Hyundai Grand i10 Nios was revealed earlier today, and now we can confirm then that the new hatchback will come with reworked versions of the engines already present on the current Grand i10. In fact, the present Hyundai Grand i10 will be sold alongside the Nios, but with a revision to its prices.
Consequently, the Grand i10 Nios will come with one petrol and one diesel engine option. The 1,197cc 4-cylinder petrol motor currently makes 83PS and 116Nm. Hyundai says that this and the diesel motor will be retuned for improved low-end performance and better fuel efficiency. The diesel motor is a 1,186cc 3-cylinder unit with 75PS and 194Nm. Further, the petrol motor will be BSVI compliant at launch. Both engines will be available with a 5-speed manual and, new for this generation, also with the 5-speed AMT that debuted on the Santro. We expect this automatic to be available on the mid-spec versions of the Nios, given how that has traditionally been Hyundai's strategy with its automatic cars.
Bookings for the new car have begun today, August 7, for a sum of Rs 11,000 at all Hyundai dealerships across the country and official digital platforms. The Grand i10 Nios is set to launch on August 20, which is also when we will know what the prices are like.
Also see: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios | First Drive Review
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block