Upcoming Hyundai i20 N hot hatchback teased
Hyundai recently showcased the new-generation i20 hatchback globally, before it comes to India later this year. The Korean carmaker has now teased a more performance-oriented version of the premium hatchback that will possibly go on sale after the standard car comes to market. We expect this to be the Hyundai i20 N, in line with the N performance variants already available with the larger i30.
The teaser shows that this N version gets some significant changes over the standard car. There is a sharper front bumper, a pronounced power bulge on the bonnet, larger wheels, a more pronounced side-skirt with red highlighting, new rear bumpers and a big spoiler. There is no word yet on what will power the i20 N, but we think it'll carry a 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder with over 200PS. This should pair with both manual and DCT gearboxes. The interiors haven't been shown yet but expect a sportier theme inside with different seats, a dark colour scheme with red accents, and Alcantra trim. There should also be N specific dials in the infotainment and a rev-matching function for the manual gearbox.
The i20 N will compete with the likes of the Ford Fiesta ST, Volkswagen Polo GTI, and the Toyota GR Yaris.
Starts Rs 5.84 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai Verna: Things you may like and dislike
- FeaturesCorona Crisis has Some Silver Linings Too
- NewsNew-gen Genesis G80 sedan unveiled, to rival BMW 5 Series, Audi A6 and Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- NewsBYD unveils its fire and explosion resistant Blade battery
- NewsSpec Comparo: 2020 Hyundai Verna vs Honda City vs Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055