Upcoming Hyundai i20 N hot hatchback teased
Hyundai recently showcased the new-generation i20 hatchback globally, before it comes to India later this year. The Korean carmaker has now teased a more performance-oriented version of the premium hatchback that will possibly go on sale after the standard car comes to market. We expect this to be the Hyundai i20 N, in line with the N performance variants already available with the larger i30.
The teaser shows that this N version gets some significant changes over the standard car. There is a sharper front bumper, a pronounced power bulge on the bonnet, larger wheels, a more pronounced side-skirt with red highlighting, new rear bumpers and a big spoiler. There is no word yet on what will power the i20 N, but we think it'll carry a 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder with over 200PS. This should pair with both manual and DCT gearboxes. The interiors haven't been shown yet but expect a sportier theme inside with different seats, a dark colour scheme with red accents, and Alcantra trim. There should also be N specific dials in the infotainment and a rev-matching function for the manual gearbox.
The i20 N will compete with the likes of the Ford Fiesta ST, Volkswagen Polo GTI, and the Toyota GR Yaris.
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- News2020 MG ZS facelift revealed internationally
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block