Upcoming Hyundai Santro spotted testing
More spy shots have emerged of Hyundai's upcoming Maruti Suzuki Alto and Renault Kwid rival, the new generation Hyundai Santro (codenamed Hyundai AH internally). The images of the test car, which is camouflaged as expected, do not reveal much about the design but do tell us Hyundai will go with the Santro's characteristic 'tallboy' design once again, with the windows get large glass panels and the rear window and C-pillar even looking slightly similar to the now discontinued Hyundai i10's. Pictures also reveal that the car is running wheel caps on steel rims and not alloy wheels, which confirm the 'low cost' idea. The car will sit between the Eon and Grand i10 in the company's line-up and will carry a similar design language with strong lines, LED DRLs and the full-face grille seen on the facelifted Grand i10.
While there is no official confirmation yet, we expect the new Hyundai Santro to be powered by 800cc and 1.0-litre petrol engines, pretty much the norm in the segment. Hyundai is expected to offer automatic and AMT versions as well, given the increasing popularity of automatics. We expect the new Hyundai Santro to be launched within the first half of 2018 and be priced in the 2.5 lakh to 4.5 lakh rupee price bracket. Given Hyundai's penchant for offering features, we also expect the new Hyundai Santro to come loaded with equipment like airbags, ABS and a touchscreen infotainment system.
The B-segment has seen Maruti lose its dominance over it with the Renault Kwid being successful which has made the segment open up to new players. But while Hyundai has strong products in other price points, it's B-segment challenger, the Eon, hasn't been competitive enough. Hyundai will be hoping this new car gives it a better shot.
Image Source: AutoX
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review
- NewsFCA launches Jeep Connect outlets in India.
- NewsNASCAR Whelen Euro Series 2018: Advait Deodhar wins the Elite Club championship
- NewsNew-gen Honda Amaze crosses 50,000 sales mark in five months in India
- NewsF1 2018: Kimi Raikkonen takes victory at US GP
- Review2018 SWM Superdual T road test review
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Five things to know before tomorrow's launch
- NewsTata Motors to organise nation-wide free service camp for its CV range in India