Upcoming Kawasaki Ninja R2 rendered
After having launched the Kawasaki Ninja H2, the Japanese superbike maker is now working on smaller derivatives that will use the forced induction technology. A new rendering of what is believed to be the 800cc lightweight superbike Kawasaki R2 has appeared online. Adding proof to this claim is the fact that Kawasaki has already registered the brand names R2 and R2R in Japan.
As seen from the rendering, the Ninja R2 borrows the same design cues as seen on the bigger Kawasaki Ninja H2. According to MCN, the Kawasaki Ninja R2 will be a more practical version of the performance centric H2 and will employ a supercharged 800cc motor derived from the 998cc engine that powers the Ninja H2. Last year, Kawasaki unveiled the 800cc Balanced Supercharged engine at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show. The R2 is expected to use the same motor.
Kawasaki is bringing the supercharging technology to mass market superbikes is obvious considering the fact that it unveiled the Spirit Charger SC-01 and SC-02 concepts last year. If the R2 makes it to production, it will be the second superchaged motorcycle from the brand. Also, there might be a smaller 600cc motor with forced induction in the pipeline that will make its way in to the Kawasaki Ninja S2.
Starts Rs 34,50,000
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally