Upcoming Mahindra eKUV100 EV SUV spotted testing
New spy photos have emerged of what looks like the upcoming Mahindra eKUV100 electric SUV. This EV was first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and is expected to debut soon, possibly the the 2020 edition of the Expo.
Despite the camouflage, it's quite clear that this version doesn't venture too far from the looks of the standard KUV100. We expect some minor exterior highlights, more efficient LED lighting and badging to be differentiators. The eKUV is also expected to get some connected car tech.
The eKUV will replace the Mahindra e20 which is not going to be reworked for the new crash-test norms. We expect it to get the electric drivetrain form the eVerito but with improvements made to aid efficiency and outputs. The eVerito is powered by a 21.2 kWh battery pack which feeds a 42PS and 91 Nm electric motor. Range is 181 km but this number could improve as well. We can expect DC fast charging capabilities as well.
We expect prices to range around the Rs 9 to 10 lakh mark and most of the features from the standard ICE-powered version can also be expected.
Image source: TeamBHP
- NewsSharad Sanghi - one of India's leading car collectors is no more
- NewsTriumph Tiger 900 GT Pro and Rally Pro first ride review
- NewsJehan Daruvala to compete in FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2020 as part of Red Bull Junior programme
- NewsMG Hector crosses 50,000 bookings in India
- NewsVintage and Classic car Grand Heritage Drive