Upcoming Mahindra S201 sub-four metre SUV spied with projector headlamps and LED tail lamps
New spy images have emerged of the Mahindra S201, this time showing the sub-four metre SUV's projector headlamps and LED taillamps. Reports suggest that the S201 will be launched early next year, after the Mahindra Alturas seven-seater SUV hits showrooms.
The S201 is based on the Ssangyong Tivoli and carries forward design cues from that car. While not as shapely as it's to-be arch-rival the Tata Nexon, the S201 carries a boxier, more functional design like that of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The rectangular headlamp has projector beams and an integrated DRL while the turn indicators are pushed to the extreme end on either side.
From what's visible, the S201 will get an integrated rear spoiler and wraparound taillights. The rear fog lamps are integrated neatly into the bumper while the multi-spoke alloys are of a sizw big enough fill up the wheel wells adequately.
The Mahindra S201 is being developed at the Mahindra Research Valley in Chennai. The upcoming S201 SUV will be available in both petrol and diesel engines. More importantly, it will make use of a new-gen 1.5-litre and 1.6-litre petrol motors that is being jointly developed by SsangYong and Mahindra.
Earlier spy photos have revealed the compact SUV's interior. The interior is swathed in black and beige with silver accents. The touchscreen infotainment system is flanked by two, vertical A/C vents with a piano black bezel surrounding them. The auto climate control is located just below and has red coloured buttons to operate various functions. A large rotary dial is placed in the centre of these row of buttons to control the fan speed. Clear influences of the XUV500 can be seen here.
The Mahindra S201 will provide Mahindra with a viable product is the sub-four-metre SUV category, a segment where the firm has not been adequately represented so far.
Image source: Rushlane
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh