Upcoming Mahindra XUV300 SUV undergoes wind tunnel testing at Pininfarina's facility
Mahindra recently released a video which shows its upcoming sub-four-metre SUV, the Mahindra XUV300 undergoing wind tunnel testing. This is at the Pininfarina facility in Turin, Italy. The Italian design house is also a Mahindra-owned entity. In the video, the XUV300 has been put on a dyno in front of the wind tunnel. A smoke stream is then deployed to highlight the SUV's aerodynamic shape. The SUV is expected to go on sale by middle of February.
The XUV300 is designed in an understated manner, and has influences of a number of other popular SUVs like the Hyundai Creta and Vitara Brezza. The overall look is understated and is unlikely to polarise opinion. The Mahindra XUV300 has been developed by the Mahindra Research Valley in Chennai and will be manufactured at Nasik and Maharashtra. Mahindra has also confirmed that the XUV300 will have an electric version as well that is being developed as S210 and will be launched in 2020.
The Mahindra XUV300 is based on the X100 platform that also underpins the SsangYong Tivoli SUV. This sub-4m offering has the longest wheelbase for any sub-4m SUV in the world. Also, the Mahindra XUV300 will come equipped with all disc brakes, seven airbags and also fully automatic climate control, many of which are a segment first. The XUV300 is being positioned as a more premium product and will find itself at the higher end of the sub-four-metre SUV spectrum.
The Mahindra XUV300 will be available in both petrol and Diesel engine options. Also, in the first phase, the XUV300 will be offered with a manual transmission and a front-wheel drive train. An automatic might follow later. Our guess is that the diesel motor will be the 121PS and 300Nm unit from the Marazzo.
The XUV300 will be the brand's first committed crack at the small SUV segment. Its earlier offerings like the Quanto and TUV300, while popular to an extent, have not challenged established rivals like the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Tata Nexon.
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip